Please send DMI info if system does not work as expected boot with acpi=copy=dsdt

Hi,

I think I may have another satellite model to add to your list of toshiba machines that has dsdt problems when linux is run.

I have the following machine:

sys_vendor: TOSHIBA
product_name: Satellite C650D
bios_vendor: Insyde Corp.
bios_version: 1.10
bios_date: 4/14/2010
processor: AMD V120

This machine cannot boot with Ubuntu release 10.04 (Kernel 2.6.32-22-generic) out of the box. It will only boot with acpi=off.

When I boot from CD with an in development version of Ubuntu release 10.10 (think it was from 14 June 2010) which contains version 2.6.35-2-generic of the kernel I can only boot my machine if I set acpi=off or if I set acpi=copy_dsdt. When I set acpi=copy_dsdt the acpi functionality seems to be available (e.g. System>Preferences>Power Management application now has 'On battery power' functionality working). Also, my machine can power down without having to physically turn it off by pressing the off switch, when acpi=copy_dstd.

So basically the 91236 patch seems to be doing the trick for my computer when I set acpi=copy_dsdt.

I have a friend with an ACER Aspire laptop and both versions of ubuntu I have tested on my machine (10.04 (with kernel 2.6.32-22-generic) and a dev version of 10.10 (with a dev version of kernel 2.6.35-2-generic)), work on his machine out of the box with no fiddling with any settings at all.

I am sending this email because of what I read in https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/91236/
It is not because of the warning message coded

ACPI_ERROR((AE_INFO,
+			    "The DSDT has been corrupted or replaced - old, new headers below"));

I never see this message when I boot unsuccessfully. My screen comes up with a long list of errors, many with ACPI_ in them but it never displays the "DSDT has been corrupted or replaced....." message. Either that or it does display it but then gets swamped by following messages. Whatever the case is, I never see it on my screen.

If you need any further information feel free to contact me. I am not that au fait with Unix but will try and help if you need more information.

Regards,
Paul Neale