Re: [RFC] Shutdown on thermal HOT event if no userspace tool registered being able to do S4

Thank's for Kay's comment from udev side.

Hi Thomas,

於 四,2010-04-01 於 15:40 +0200,Kay Sievers 提到:
> > Currently, there have a bit platform provider (OEM/ODM) only return the
> > _HOT, but didn't have _CRT value. But, if _HOT S4 fail, the system
> > components might dangerous if there have no any hardware protected
> > Mechanism.
> >
> > Thomas's idea is add a sysfs interface /sys/class/thermal/S4_capable for
> > userland to tell kernel userland component (pm-util or upower?) already
> > take the _HOT event and try to do S4.
> >
> > How do you think about this idea?
>
> I'm not so sure, this sounds a bit like an ad-hoc interface for a pretty
> specific problem. I would expect, it needs more integration than a
> global sysfs flag that keeps its state even when no userland process is
> taking care anymore.
>
> The details should probably be discussed on a mailing list like
> devkit-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the people working on the
> userspace integration side should comment on it.

It's Kay's suggestion from userland side, do we need discuss with more
guys from desktop side?

Thank's a lot!
Joey Lee