Re: pci card in thinkpad dock is not detected.

On Sunday 28 February 2010 07:35:23 pm Lara Michaels wrote:
> On my system running 2.6.31, a video card inserted into the PCI slot in a Thinkpad Dock II is not detected by the system. This might be the same problem as reported here:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/xzi7pkbudkeorzjs#query:thinkpad%20dock%20linux%20pci+page:1+mid:5of2pjjpyw6jzrqk+state:results
>
> But, unlike that lucky poster, the issue did not magically go away on my system after experimenting with the kernel boot options. I know the PCI card itself works, since I have inserted it into an old desktop system and it was detected correctly.

I think this is more likely an ACPI or dock driver problem than a
PCI problem, but I know very little about docks.

I think it's different from the problem you found on the mailing
list, so can you please open a kernel bugzilla report at

  http://bugzilla.kernel.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=ACPI

and attach your dmesg, lspci, and acpidump?  Please respond to this
thread with the new bugzilla URL.

Thanks,
  Bjorn