Re: hp-wmi and hp dv9000

Hi Alan.
	I dunno what's happened, but I can no longer get the problem
to appear.  I've spent half the day today recompiling different
kernels with different configs -- some that I *know* didn't work
before -- and now they work.

	The only thing I can think of (and I can't see in the code
where it could have happened) is that somehow getting the kill switch
to work reset something in the NVRAM, and now it works all the time,
regardless of whether rfkill and hp-wmi are in or out of the kernel in
any combination.
But that's far fetched, and I'm not sure I believe it.

Sorry about this -- I really hate bugs that disappear after I start to
investigate them, especially if I don't understand why.
--
Dr Peter Chubb		www.nicta.com.au    peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia