ACPI events on T20 thinkpad stop being reported

Hi,

I have here a T20 thinkpad with a T22 BIOS and a 2.6.32 kernel. After
boot, acpi_listen shows me all the events that are being generated by
the lid switch, hotkeys, batteries, ac, and maybe more. However,
when I disconnect and reconnect ac power a few times in rapid
succession, that leads to all of these events not being reported
anymore. Suspend to RAM and to disk both don't fix it, only a
reboot does.

After I posted this on the thinkpad-acpi mailing list, I was told
that this probably was a problem with the EC (driver|firmware),
so that's why I am addressing this to you now :-)

The BIOS and EC firmware are the newest versions available
(1.12 and 1.06, respectively).

Any hints as to how to debug or possibly even fix this would be
appreciated.

Florian