Re: Thinkpad X200s

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Ian Molton wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > remain disabled if you suspend with they disabled.
>
> Yes   (bluetooth and WWAN)
>
> *BUT* If I toggle the hard RF killswitch, they all forget themselves and
> reset to 'on' rather than their last known state. IOW, they are
> disabled, then unconditionally re-enabled.

This might well be userspace or the rfkill core, if the EC queues any
events and deliver them when the thinkad wakes up, they would enable the
radios in the default rfkill config.

Unfortunately, that's not something I can test on my T43.  Still, even
if it is the firmware doing that, I think we could live with it.

That said, please play with the master_switch_mode parameter of the
rfkill module.  I personally cannot tolerate anything but
master_switch_mode=1, and I dare think it might solve your problem :)

I think I can consider this patch approved and add your tested-by?

> > If you happen to find out that UWB also retains state across
> > reboot/shutdown, I'd like to know about it.
>
> I know nothing about the X200s UWB - what module would I need to test?

I don't know if your x200s has an UWB radio.  Does thinkpad-acpi tells
you it exists?  There is a CONFIG_UWB option which enables UWB and WUSB
support.

  Henrique Holschuh