Re: eeepc-laptop: bugreport

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 07:31:55PM +0100, Corentin Chary wrote:

> There is new wmi interface, without any documentation of course.
> Even Xandros had not been aware of that.
> You can find a dsdt with that here :
> http://dev.iksaif.net/attachments/download/83/eeepc_1000h_2204.dsl.gz
> Search "ASUSWMI".

Looks easy enough to implement. From the hotkey perspective, it seems
that you'll get a notification on the WMI device and get the event from
the WMI event data. The rest of the programming model looks pretty
similar to the old interface.

The slightly odd thing is that there's no bus check notifications sent
for the 1005, so we should never be running the hotplug code to begin
with at runtime - looks like the only case we'll cover is on suspend and
resume. On the other hand, I've just realised that this is likely to go
horribly wrong with the PCI runtime power management code. It may
actually be possible to make the eee stuff generic after all, but that's
going to take a small amount of work.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx