Re: Suspend locks up Toshiba Satelite L355-S7915 (no longer)

On Saturday 07 November 2009 18:44:46 Len Brown wrote:

> > There are other problems, but they are minor and can be lived with.  Most
> > hotkeys do not work.  And the computer doesn't flash the power button
> > when it is suspended.  There is a omnibook module that purports do do
> > these functions, but it isn't coded to work with the Satelite L355-S7915.
> >  I've been looking into fixing that.  But it has occurred to me that that
> > driver is largely duplicating standard acpi functions.  And that it might
> > be a better use of my time to look into configuring acpi to work with
> > this laptop.  Any recommendations?
>
> Generally the platform drivers implement support for non-standard
> features that are not included in the generic ACPI support.
> Often the non-standard support is implemented with vendor-specific
> extensions to ACPI.
>
> Unfortunately, except in a few cases, hotkeys are non-standard.
> So extending the platform driver for boxes similar to your own
> to talk to your box may be the way to go..
>
> The LED indicator on sleeping, however, is generally standard
> (there is a method called "_SST" that we invoke that tells the BIOS
>  to start & stop blinking the suspend LED)
>
> Do you know if the LED blinked when Windows suspended on this laptop?
>
> cheers,
> Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center

The LED blinks when suspended under Windows.  It also blinks, at a much slower
rate, when suspended in Ubuntu of I have the omnibook module loaded.  I'm
still looking at how it does that.   Is this something that we should expect
the stock acpi process to take care of?

Have a nice day,
-Ken