Re: Suspend locks up Toshiba Satelite L355-S7915

Hi Ken,

Probably the easiest way for you will be to install/upgrade Ubuntu 9.10, which is just out.
It has latest kernel, so most probably your problem will be fixed.

Regards,
Alex.

Ken Corbin wrote:
Hi Folks,

I've installed Ubuntu 9.04 (kernel version 2.6.28-16) on a new laptop. For the most part everything is working, but suspend to disk and suspend to RAM both lock the box up. The shutdown looks normal, but then the screen comes back on with low level backlight, and the system won't respond to anything. Holding power button down for 5 seconds forces a poweroff and is the only way to recover.

I want to do whatever it takes to get this working. I'm a pretty good C programmer. I've never done any kernel hacking but am willing to learn. What I need now is some pointers where I should start looking.

Thanks a bunch,
-Ken