Re: ACPI events for laptop special buttons

Hi,
There is driver to handle events from eeePC hardware
drivers/platform/x86/eeepc-laptop.c
You should probably start from making sure you have this one loaded.

Regards,
Alex.

andreas pålsson пишет:
Hello.

I recently bought a cute little Eee PC and of course I decided to run
Linux on it.
But some special buttons/keys doesn't work, like the "special FN key +
F3" which disables touchpad.

I did some research and if I understand it correctly, pressing those
buttons generate "ACPI events" which could (until it was recently
deprecated) be read from "/proc/acpi/events".

So now to my question, how do I catch those events?

Is it possible to read them from user-mode (like to have a nice graph
showing if touchpad/wifi is online or offline)?

I've not been digging around in the kernel before so I don't have yet
much understanding how things work, but one has to start somewhere and
a simple task like "is button pressed?" seems like the right thing. :)

Thank you.

PS. Apologies if this is the wrong list for questions like this.