Re: lenovo ideapad s12 dsdt errors...

On 10/09/2009 01:34 PM, Scott Dylewski wrote:
I just bought a Lenovo S12 netbook (atom processor) and installed Ubuntu
Karmic netbook remix on it, and I'm having some issues.  I'm getting
some long boot times, and wonder if it's related to the ACPI stuff.

So I found some stuff online that suggests that my dsdt may have some
errors, and when I checked, it used a MSFT compiler and had a bunch of
warnings and errors, but I don't know how to fix them.  Can someone
direct me a bit and either help me fix the errors if needed, or let me
know what to do?

That's probably outdated advice - the kernel normally tries to deal with such issues itself (or handle them the same way as Windows does, which presumably works) and so replacing the DSDT isn't likely to help much. Anyway, it's far from clear that your problem is at all related.

Are there any errors showing up in dmesg?