Re: BUG: blank screen - unless keyboard/synaptic combo

Niel Lambrechts wrote:

>>> Hi Zhang,
>>>
>>> It is not a recent regression, all of the kernels I tried back to
>>> 2.6.28
>>> shows the same problem. The test results I posted last night was with
>>> 2.6.30-rc6. I suspect it did not happen in 2.6.27, but I might be wrong
>>> since I could not bisect that far back (I am using EXT4 and have too
>>> many issues to bisect that far back).

>>> When I resume from suspend to RAM there is no problem.
>>>
>>> When I resume from hibernate, my laptop actually remains unusable until
>>> I do the combination of things I mentioned. I cannot log in from remote
>>> or even ping the laptop, except if I first press the mentioned key
>>> combo. Before this, the display is either entirely blank or sometimes
>>> there is a white cursor in the top left corner.
>>>
>>> The blank screen happens in runlevel 3 without X or "i915" loaded - I'm
>>> not sure but I suppose you want the "xrandr" output for another reason.
>>> It is interesting that it happens regardless of whether I am using
>>> Intel
>>> integrated graphics or Mobility Radeon HD 3650 (my laptop has both
>>> and I
>>> can enable one at a time). I boot the system with vga=791 and it is
>>> using vesafb for console.
>>>
>>> I attached the output you asked for below after hibernating an Xorg
>>> session, but this is from just after pressing the combo as I could not
>>> log in over the network with the laptop in the blank state.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Niel
Hi,

I've noticed that the screen only remains blank when I specify vga=xxx
(I normally use vga=791) as a boot option, in other words when using vesafb.

The blank screen on resume after hibernate consistently does not happen
if I boot without it, and I tested with kernels from 2.6.28.

Any idea who can help with this?

Regards,
Niel