Inconsistent processor throttling behaviour on Clevo M720R/Intel T8100

Hello,

I'm encountering a problem on my notebook (Clevo M720R) with an Intel
T8100 processor whereby Core 0 is always in the T3 throttling state
following a reboot. There is no thermal reason why this should be so,
and it is quite annoying having to force all computationally-intensive
tasks onto Core 1 (which is unthrottled). This is reflected in the
benchmarks: Core 0 takes around 21s to do what Core 1 does in 12s.

In the /proc tree,

$ cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/throttling
state count:             8
active state:            T3
state available: T3 to T7
states:
    T0:                  100%
    T1:                  88%
    T2:                  75%
   *T3:                  63%
    T4:                  50%
    T5:                  38%
    T6:                  25%
    T7:                  13%

$ cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU1/throttling
state count:             8
active state:            T0
state available: T0 to T7
states:
   *T0:                  100%
    T1:                  88%
    T2:                  75%
    T3:                  63%
    T4:                  50%
    T5:                  38%
    T6:                  25%
    T7:                  13%

If I boot with acpi=off, there is no problem and I get full performance
from both cores. Now, if I suspend and resume, the situation changes.
The active state is outside the reported range:

$ cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/throttling
state count:             8
active state:            T8
state available: T3 to T7
states:
    T0:                  100%
    T1:                  88%
    T2:                  75%
    T3:                  63%
    T4:                  50%
    T5:                  38%
    T6:                  25%
    T7:                  13%

$ cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU1/throttling
state count:             8
active state:            T8
state available: T0 to T7
states:
    T0:                  100%
    T1:                  88%
    T2:                  75%
    T3:                  63%
    T4:                  50%
    T5:                  38%
    T6:                  25%
    T7:                  13%

I get full performance from both cores in this case.

Any suggestions, and what additional info would be useful? In the
meantime, is there any way to disable throttling without taking out the
rest of ACPI and thermal so that I can get my notebook's full
performance from the outset?

Many thanks,
James.

--