Re: new fixes for sony-acpi

>> > What about the speed/stamina stuff -- is anybody testing it?
>> The speed/stamina stuff isn't Sony specific. I'm working on an external
>> module to handle that.
>
> Looking at the somewhat twisted way the Sony DSDT code handles power
> management for the graphics adapters, I have my doubts that there will be a
> generic way. Of course a framework like for the rf kill switch could be
> useful, but the vendor and model specific code would end up in sony-laptop
> anyway.

Hi Matthias and Matthew,

I am right in thinking that reading the DSDT tables for hybrid
graphics laptops is sufficient to infer their workings?
I've been compiling a list of hybrid graphics laptops and been asking
people to provide their DSDT tables
in this bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/312756

So far, I've identified 12 laptops, and we've got DSDT tables for 4 of them:
http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/2009/03/412-linux-dsdt-tables-for-laptops-with.html

Please let me know if you think we should be asking any other info,

Cheers,

    Albert.