Re: [BUG?] Critical temperature shutdowns on ThinkPad X60 1706-GMG

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 01:29 +0800, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> In July 2008 I reported a problem about critical temperature shutdowns:
>
>   http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c87zlnyv14h.fsf%5f%2d%5f%40gismo.pca.it%3e
>
> Since I was not the only one experiencing it, reading the mailing list I
> had the impression it had been solved since then.
>
> And indeed I do not remember I have experienced it again.  However, the
> last week it reappeared, probably because in the meantime I have not
> used my laptop at full power :-(
>
> Anyway, here we are:
>
> - I got 6 "Critical temperature reached (128 C), shutting down"
>   experiences since January 30th
The Critical shutdown threshold is 128. In fact it is quite high.
In fact only when the actual temperature is above 128, the following
message will be complained and the box will be shutdown.
   >Critical temperature reached (128 C), shutting down

Will you please attach the output of acpidump? Let's check whether the
temperature is obtained by using EC.
   Thanks.