Re: [patch] ACPI battery driver emits POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS_FULL when power lead plugged in

Richard Hughes wrote:
On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 11:42 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
 So, the above test will still break on any proper battery subsystem with the
high watermark set below 100%, as those systems update full_charge_capacity
*only* when the cells really are full (and not because the EC decided to
stop the charging before they were full).

This is what I observed when testing my patch.

The attached patch checks the last full and design charge, as this seems
to work in all cases I have here. In the case of broken batteries or
broken hardware, we just return UNKNOWN in this "settling" state, which
is much better for userspace than falling back to full.

With the attached patch userspace gets the right states. In the future,
maybe we can do some sort of metric over time (watching to see if the
present charge changes) but for the most part the patch fixes things up
for userspace.
		else
			val->intval = POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS_UNKNOWN;
This last else should return STATUS_NOT_CHARGING, IMHO. We know this little bit about it.

Please review,

Richard.