Re: reverted battery current conversion fix

Ferenc Wagner wrote:
Hi Alex,

I sadly noticed that your fix 558073dd was overridden by aaad0776 and
later reverted altogether by f10a3a32.  I haven't found any discussion
of the latter two patches, but I agree that Rafael's fix was wrong, as
it converted the current into A instead of uA, since voltage_now is in
mV and current_now is in mW on the new code path, and mW/mV=A.  I
skimmed the code, but didn't find a place where the kernel provided
time estimates, so the wild values Rafael experienced probably came
from some application, which previously worked around the wrong sysfs
current value (supposedly correctly interpreting it as power) and thus
got broken by the fix.  But all of this is guesswork, I'm hunting for
hard data.  Until I get around compiling and testing a new kernel with
/proc/acpi, can you provide some insight?  I'm not subscribed to the
relevant MLs, so maybe just didn't find all the pieces in the archives.
Yes, the application is kpowersaved and it is written with the assumption
that it could get remaining time by dividing either energy_now or charge_now by current_now.

Regards,
Alex.