From: Len Brown [mailto:lenb@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:40 PM
To: Koornstra, Reinoud
Cc: linux-acpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rc8 didn't include patch (was Re: 2.6.28-rc7 acpi error messages)

> RC8 didn't include from Matthew Garret.
> Will the next version contain this patch?

nope.

That patch was based on a guess about what Windows does.
R8 isn't a time to patch Linux behaviour on all machines
based on speculation about what Windows does.

The "regression" is that we print an an error message
that we didn't used to print.  If we have to do anything
in rc8, we'd delete that warning message for now.

thanks,
Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center