Re: ACPI bug with Lenovo Thinkpad

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008, Christian Iversen wrote:
> Christian Iversen wrote:
>> On my ubuntu hardy (8.04) with 2.6.24-22-generic (from ubuntu), I have
>> a  reproducible problem with my lenovo thinkpad T61p 6460
>>
>> I have an advanced minidock for the thinkpad. Normal docking and
>> undocking work great. However, if the dock loses power while the
>> thinkpad is docked, the computer freezes.
> >
> > [...]
>
> Bump. Anyone? Is this the wrong place to report such a problem?

Sort of.  It would be the correct place, however...

You use a thinkpad with an nVidia GPU and a old Ubuntu kernel, with is not
something we have resources to support.  It is probably best to report it to
Ubuntu if you want help with that specific kernel combination.

If you don't mind trying the latest stable Linux kernel, without ANY
proprietary drivers, we can try to help you here.

Another place where you might find help is the linux-thinkpad ML.  You will
find Ubuntu users with T61p there that are likely to have working
sleep/hibernate configurations (even using nVidia drivers).

The linux-thinkpad mailing list addresses and lots of useful information can
be found on http://thinkwiki.org.

  Henrique Holschuh