Re: The regression about EC GPE storm on the latest linus git tree

Hi Yakui,

Does your latest kernel include yesterday pool of patches?
Thanks,
Alex.
Zhao Yakui wrote:
Hi, Alexey
    I do some tests on the latest kernel and find that there exists the
EC GPE storm on the three laptops. And then EC will work in polling
mode. One is Asus EEEPC 1000. The other are HP laptops. I do the similar test on the previous kernel(for example:
2.6.27-rc6, 2.6.27.4) and there is no EC GPE storm on the three laptops.
The EC works in EC GPE interrupt mode. After the EC debug is used on the 2.6.27-rc6 kernel, I find that at
most 8 EC interrupts are triggered in each EC transaction(This includes
the effective EC GPE interrupts). In such case it should not be regarded
as EC GPE storm.
The attached are the dmesg info on the Asus EEEPC 1000. (One is
based on the latest git tree. One is based on 2.6.27-rc6 kernel).
    If you need to investigate the root cause about the EC GPE storm,
please tell me what I should do. I will try my best to test the patch
from you and give response.

Thanks.
   Yakui