Re: iasl and SSDT disassembling limitations

On Friday 24 October 2008, Lin Ming wrote:
> We have added a "-e" option to iasl that include tables for external
> symbol resolution.

Thanks very much. That does indeed give me a correctly disassembled table.

Would it be possible to add a warning when unavailable external symbols
are detected? The warning could even be made verbose by saying that this
may result in an incorrect dsl file and refer to the -e option (and maybe
even specifically mention the dsdt table if that is the source for
missing symbols in most cases).

Currently there is really no indication at all that something may have
gone wrong or why until you look at the generated dsl file.

Cheers,
FJP