Re: [patch 2/2] acpi: Avoid dropping rapid hotkey events (or other GPEs) on Asus EeePC

Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
> Alan Jenkins wrote:
>> Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alan,
>>>
>>> Here are the patches. First is updated version of patch you've tried,
>>> second is
>>> even more aggressive disabling of GPEs (applies on top).
>>>
>>> Please check them.
>>>

>> I tested them together and they worked, yay!
>>
>> That doesn't say anything about the second patch.  My EC didn't generate
>> enough spurious interrupts to trigger the STORM code.
>>
>> Would you welcome some nitpicks on the first patch at this time?  I
>> didn't see errors but I have some code-style queries.
>>
> Sure. Will be glad.

My main query was about acpi_ec::t being a pointer.  I thought that
meant there would be lots of kmalloc / kfrees.  But I see now it is
allocated on-stack, i.e. it points to a local variable.  Never mind.  It
is a bit clever though.  I thought the original version was clearer -
where acpi_ec::t wasn't a pointer.

The other niggle was the spinlock.  It would be nice to indicate by
comment the resources it protects (acpi_ec::t and irq_count).

Actually, if we're being clever, why not move irq_count into
transaction_data?  After all, it's only used within the transaction.  It
fits with both the lifecycle and the locking.

Regards
Alan