Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
Hi Andrew,

As I understand, this patch is wrong according to comment #65 in bug
#9998.

Regards,
Alex.

That's more likely to have been a problem with my other patches, ripping
out the QUERY_PENDING flag and GPE polling, with (what were to Alex)
predictably bad results.
Hi Alan,
I checked QUERY_PENDING removal, and it makes system with broken EC unusable, so you might stop considering it as an option.

You're right this patch needs testing on it's own.  But the current code
is definitely wrong.

If the "GPE polling" workaround is triggered, and there is a series of
events > one every 0.5s, the EC buffer can overflow.  All it needs is an
ACPI hotkey with fast enough autorepeat.  And I bet it's not just my EC
that breaks horribly when that happens.
Right now I am going to remove automatic switch to poll mode, so user could
choose, which EC mode is more tolerable.

Thanks
Alan

Regards,
Alex.