Re: ACPI-related bug caused poor responsitivity (2.6.26.x line)

Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> There are so many issues reported during last 3 months, that I'm not sure,
> whether (or not) someone wrote about the problem. But few words anyway:
>
> I noticed, that using new kernels (tested 2.6.26 and 2.6.26.2), there are
> typical for ACPI-related problems troubles with responsitivity. For example:
> if I'm opening "bloated" web page using Opera, one can't move the mouse
> cursor smoothly around the screen; there is a "jitter" during the movement,
> and any output (like GKrellm's diagrams created in real time) for that 2-3
> seconds is "frozen". As I've found googling around, these are rather typical
> ACPI-related problems, and indeed: forcing "acpi=off" was the cure.

I assume you double checked that? As in you removed the option again
and the problem reappeared? And you add it again and it disappeared
again? If not do so please.

If it's checked please put a full report into http://bugzilla.kernel.org

Might be some kind of power saving issue. Does it happen when
you boot with processor.max_cstate=1? (without acpi=off) Does it happen when you
disable CPUIDLE in the config?

Thanks

-Andi