ACPI Problems on Sony Vaio SZ61MN, no brightness ctrl, no power button

Hi there!

First i hope my other messages have realy disappereard. I send them yesterday from a windows machine and as described in the FAQ it seemed to be blocked because of the charset. If by any chance that message arrives please excuse it and ignore it!

My Problem exists on a Sony Vaio Laptop with the modelcode SZ61MN/B. I am currently running Archlinux with a 2.6.25.11-1 kernel. Most things on the notebook seem to be working, even the lidswitch is recognized.

Problems are the non-working power button, thats a real problem, just annoying, and what realy is a pain, the backlight brigthness is not adjustable, so i always get a nice suntan from the screen. That realy sucks at night...

I tried for about a week now to find a solution and i worked my way through all of the possible solutions called sony-laptop, sonypi, sony-acpi but none of them worked for me. The web also holds some other persons with the exact same problem. I also tried to contact the maintainers and writers of that programs but i got no reply till now and no solution. So this is my last chance to get an answer here and i hope you can help me!

As i am not that of a pro linux user, i am not quite sure what information you would need to possibly help me. Please tell me what info i can provide to make the case clearer!

kind regards

     Sebastian