CPU temperature not detected

Hi

I previously posted a question about my laptop overheating, but have since decided that it was too complex, and half of it probably belonged in the linux-laptopsmailing list.  I have therefore rephrased the question, and would be obliged if someone could help me?

I have an acpidump output, but it's all greek to me.  Could anyone interpret it for me?

 I would like to know why /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature contains a reading of 0 C -
1)   Firstly, does my cpu even have a sensor? (I have _only_ the on-die temperature, which is very hot).
2)    Secondly, can anyone shed some light on why /proc/acpi/fan is an empty directory?

Thank you!!!
(my specs:  hp pavilion dv5000 series with AMD turion 64 bit processor ML-32.  Any other details I don't know to provide, please just say.  Thanks)

Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win on eBay today!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/