Re: Acer Aspire 9813WKMI fan runs all the time after suspend to ram

http://aceracpi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/dsdt/acer/aspire/9810.dsl
> [..]
> Could you find out whether some osi set variable is involved.
> (The ones that get set when BIOS (in DSDT) calls e.g.
> osi("Windows 2006"))
> Something like:
> if (osi("Windows 2006"))
>     Store(1, DTSE)
> Maybe you find out what the DTSE or MPEN variable is good for, is set by
> some _INI function of a specific device or whatever?

Looking at the DSDT link posted, those variables are never set in it. I wonder
who, or what, is expected to set them then...

Perhaps it would be worth experimenting instead with OSI when booting and see
what happens then? e.g.

acpi_osi="!Windows 2006"

(Perhaps OSYS also triggers an SMI trap which does or doesn't do it? Worth a
shot at least).

> Best you create a bug for that at bugzilla.kernel.org (and add me to CC
> or post the bug no).
> Full (or none) fan is a real blocker bug that should generally be
> resolved.

I've also had a report from a user the other day that hit the same bug on an
Aspire 5710 series (which seems to have the same root cause, from glancing
over the DSDT):

http://aceracpi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/dsdt/acer/aspire/5710.dsl

> Does this BIOS expose an ACPI fan device correctly?

Acer BIOS's never expose the fan, AFAIK (and it's not available through WMI
either).

-Carlos
--
E-Mail: carlos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx