Re: [Fwd: Overriding ACPI tables]

Eric Piel wrote:
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the pointer. You are talking about setup_data, right? I'll try to use it for reading the DSDT table. I have a couple of questions though: * I can find reference of it only in setup_64.c, is it planned to add support also for 32bit? (That's a must for me) * From inside the kernel, all I have to do is to add a hook inside parse_setup_data(), allocate memory and I'll be able to copy the data into this safe place, right? * Is there any bootloader which already has support for this extension? By chance, would you have a patch for grub?

It is planned, but not yet implemented, because the early reservations infrastructure hasn't been ported over to 32 bits yet. The intent is to reserve this memory early and automatically.

So far this has only been used for large EFI SGI machines, so it's probably been implemented on ELILO only. As far as Grub is concerned, I won't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

	-hpa