ACPI on Sony VAIO VGN-FZ31M

Hi,

I've just bought a Sony VAIO VGN-FZ31M. I'm running Mandriva 2008.1, with a 2.6.24.4 kernel. I have some problems with ACPI which I hope you can help me with. I hope I'm writing to the correct people. I'm no expert on ACPI or sony laptops so I'll try to describe what I'm seeing.

Firstly, I'm running KDE and using kpowersave. My kernel automatically loads the sony_laptop module. When I remove the AC power cable from the laptop, kpowersave does not detect this. I've discovered the file /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/ADP1/state, and this does update correctly (it contains "on-line" or "off-line" dependant on the state of the ac adapter). So something is working but kpowersave is not working.

Secondly, the power button on my laptop cannot be used to shut the laptop down, just nothing happens.

Thirdly, if I modprobe sonypi (so I can set my display brightness) it prevents acpid from starting. For some reason once sonypi is loaded, /proc/acpi doesn't exist.

Like I said I'm no expert on this subject, but I am fairly linux-literate. This is a very new laptop model and I hope that if there is something wrong here that I can help to debug it. All assistance will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Mark