Re: Can't get ACPI to work on a Panasonic Toughbook CF-52

Hello,

Ralf Orlowski schrieb:
Hello,

Zhao Yakui schrieb:
 > Will you please attach the output of acpidump.out and send it to me?
 > I'd like to help you.
 >
 > Of course you can do it by yourself. (First you should install iasl
 > compiler) iasl compiler can be downloaded from :
 > http://www.acpica.org/downloads/index.php
 >
 > #acpidump > acpidump.out #acpixtract -a acpidump.out ( You can get
 > the DSDT.dat) #iasl -d DSDT.dat (Get the DSDT.dsl) #modify the
 > DSDT.dsl #iasl -tc DSDT.dat More detailed info can be found in In
 > http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/acpi/faq.php Thanks .

Thank you very much for your help. That hint brought me a big step forward.
This way I managed to change the DSDT and compiled it into the kernel.

So now I can boot the system with ACPI enabled.

Now there's only one problem left:
I can send the system into suspend mode now with the power button or if I close the display. But when I try to wake up the system from suspend mode it looks likes it wants to start up, but the display stays dark and it seems that it is hanging somewhere within the wake up process. I can't even blindly change to a text console and type a reboot there to restart the system.

So are there any hints, where I can look for a configuration option to make this work also?

As I read on the list, there are also other notebooks, that have problems with suspend under kernel 2.6.25-rc?.

So today I installed and tested kernel version 2.6.24.4 with the exchanged DSDT.

And so far everything seems to work now.
I can boot the system with ACPI enabled and suspend is also working.

If anyone needs a working DSDT and .config for kernel 2.6.24.4 for a Panasonic Toughbook CF-52 he can just contact me.

Bye Ralf
Bye Ralf

P.S. should I post something about the solution for starting the CF-52 with ACPI enabled somewhere, so that this may also help others?

--
Ralf Orlowski                           voice: +49-8134-935781
Hadersried 27a                          car:   +49-173-5239069