Re: Hard freeze / interrupt-related death / instability

Peter Gervai wrote:

 > #acpi=off                       - uniprocessor, ok
 > #noapic acpi=off                - uniprocessor, ok
 What means uniprocessor?
 Also added nosmp or maxcpus=1?

Oh, maybe forgot to explain this one (copypaste from my grub menu.lst
:)). It means the machine didn't freeze but the kernel completely
ignored the second core of the dual core cpu, basically seem to have
ignored SMP capability altogether. I did not use nosmp or maxcpu since
I do want to use them all. :)

This is expected, there are two ways to find second CPU -- with MP tables and ACPI. New machines do not carry MP tables, so if you disable ACPI, second CPU remains
unknown to the system.