Re: Problem with the Fn+F3 key. acpi problem ?

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 12:23 +0100, Thomas Renninger wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 09:18 +0800, Zhao Yakui wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 11:08 +0100, giggz wrote:
> > > giggz a écrit :
> > > [snip]

> > > in my case when I increase the level of acpi debug and hit the Fn+F3
> > > button I don't see anything when I cat /proc/acpi/event. And it's the
> > > same if I use acpi_listen. I launch acpi_listen and the hit the button,
> > > but nothing appears. I just get the message I posted in the
> > > /var/log/messages.
> > >
> > Will you please attach the acpidump output ?
> > The pmtools can be downloaded from :
> > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/utils/pmtools-20071116.tar.bz2
>
> Yep.
> Depending on your distribution you might find the acpidump binary in a
> package. On SUSE it would be the pmtools package. A bit googling should
> tell you what package you need to install on your distri to get
> acpidump.
>
> Best is you open a bug here:
> http://bugzilla.kernel.org/
> and attach the info you already posted on the list (the dmesg output
> with increased ACPI debug output) and the acpidump.
> Please add me to CC of the bug then.
> Currently there are patches to connect ACPI and graphics driver on the
> way,
And these patches are used to notify graphics kernel mode driver to
change the brightness when some events occur, like hot key press, lid
close/open and dock/undock.
But unfortunately the graphics kernel mode driver is not finished yet,
which means that we've just setup the full working stack but won't do
any actual work at the last step.
Hong, correct me if I say something wrong. :)

thanks,
rui