Re: Battery info bogus on Lenovo 3000 N100

Please open bug report at bugzilla.kernel.org against ACPI/battery.
Please attach dmesg and acpidump to that bug.
Please also attach actual /proc/acpi/battery/*/* files.

Thanks,
Alex.

Daniel Barkalow wrote:
I'm having problems with the battery reporting on my laptop. In particular, the LEDs suggest that the battery isn't working at all, but /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state says it's fine. Furthermore, one time when I actually removed the battery entirely, /proc/acpi/.../info said (from memory, may be slightly off):

present:                 yes
design capacity:         4000 mAh
last full capacity:      4000 mAh
battery technology:      rechargeable
design voltage:          11100 mV
design capacity warning: 420 mAh
design capacity low:     156 mAh
capacity granularity 1:  264 mAh
capacity granularity 2:  3780 mAh
model number:            PABAS024
serial number:           3658Q
battery type:            LION
OEM info:                COMPAL

I've also been noticing for a while that the "remaining capacity" updates irregularly and isn't generally current, and it reports the design capacity when the state is "charged", even if discharging it at all indicates that it's actually a lot lower. I've noticed this from 2.6.17 (the first kernel I had on this computer) to 2.6.22, the latest I've tried here.

CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG doesn't seem to be showing me anything particularly informative (When I remove or insert the battery, I get:
[ACPI Debug]  String: [0x12] "=====QUERY_25=====")

There seem to be BIOS updates available, but nothing looks related.

What information can I collect on this problem?

	-Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*
-

-