Re: [REGRESSION] Asus X541UAK hangs on suspend and poweroff (v6.1.6 onward)

Hi there, and thank you for the reminder.

Bisecting, unfortunately, takes a long time: I'm only trying out the 7th
commit, 15e7433e1dc2 (previous 6 marked as bad). The bug, as noted in
the head, doesn't have any (strict) patterns and takes randomly long
times: some kernels hung on the next day after compilation, one took 5
days. I'm not excluding a possibility that I might've got the versions
wrong and the bug occured on the update from 6.1-pf1 to 6.1-pf2 (6.1 and
6.1.3; could be unrelated, but I saw a bunch of commits related to i915
and Skylake).

I also checked my package manager log, no programs related to kernel
compilation (glibc, gcc, archivers and such) were updated until I
updated to the problematic version, and for about two weeks after the
upgrade (the first occurence happened soon after it).

What exactly do you mean by "swapping the hardware"? I'm already sure
it's not related to my storage, because a month ago I replaced my faulty
HDD with an SSD, but the bug still remained. Unfortunately, I don't have
spare PCs or resources to purchase new hardware.