Re: intel_idle Jasper Lake Support

On Wed, 2022-12-14 at 20:57 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 8:43 PM Maciej Koszanski
> <maciejkoszanskibusiness@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Rafael,
> >
> > Thank you kindly for your reply! Very much appreciate your time
> > answering my questions.
> >
> > Output of /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state3/desc is ACPI
> > FFH MWAIT 0x60.
> > Unsure what depth this attribute denotes, but I assume it's either
> > C6/C7. :)
>
> Probably C7.
>
> > state2/desc is ACPI FFH MWAIT 0x31.
>
> I would say C3.

Jasperlake supports C10 and S0ix, so I guess these are C10 and C7
respectively.

> > Thank you for the clarification above! I was concerned that as
> > powertop was reporting C3_ACPI,
> > that the ACPI tables provided C-States with a depth as far as C3,
> > and that Jasper Lake would have
> > to have it's own static table added for support of deeper states.
>
> It is clarified in the intel_idle documentation too, please see:
>
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/pm/intel_idle.html
>
> > I measured the system that I thrown together based on this CPU to
> > pull about 23W from the wall at idle

how did you get this power number? external power meter?
23W seems too high for idle power, it would be interesting to see the
CPU power from RAPL.
can you do "turbostat -o ts.out sleep 10" when the system is idle and
attach the ts.out here?

thanks,
rui