Re: Patch: Make ACPI subsystem provide CEDT table

[ add linux-cxl ]

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 10:49 AM Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 12:16 AM Robert Kiraly <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > This is a simple ACPI patch. I'm submitting a revised version to
> > linux-acpi as opposed to linux-pm at Rafael Wysocki's suggestion.
> >
> > The patch adds ACPI_SIG_CEDT to table_sigs[] in "drivers/acpi/tables.c".
>
> This can be done, but please send a patch in the message body (not as
> an attachment) and provide a Signed-off-by tag for it.

Yes, although I don't see much incremental benefit to developers
publishing a root only raw table given it needs to be parsed along
with all the other cxl information in the system. So, not opposed to
the patch, but I want to direct you to the sysfs representation of the
CEDT and CFMWS in /sys/bus/cxl/devices is what the cxl tool and libcxl
library [1] will be using instead of the raw table. Platform firmware
CXL details are modeled as "CXL root" objects in the /sys/bus/cxl
device model.

[1]: https://github.com/pmem/ndctl/tree/main/cxl