ACPI module for Asus Eee PC

I happened to look at the patched asus_acpi.c module that was posted
by Asus for the Eee PC and noticed that it's 75% dead code -- the Eee
PC support is just stuck on at the end.  And of course it conflicts
with the real asus_acpi.ko in any kernel package.

So I cleaned it up, renamed it eeepc_acpi, and packaged it as a
separate out-of-kernel Debian package that can be built with
module-assistant.

Here's the wc comparison:
 1907  6180 50911 asus_acpi.c
  453  1434 13037 eeepc_acpi.c

When I proposed to add this package to Debian, it was also suggested
that I contact this list to see about including it in the mainline.
If I can help with that in any way, please let me know.  I'm not
subscribed, so please CC me on any replies.

The source is at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ecc/eeepc-acpi_1.0.tar.gz,
and the Debian package is at
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ecc/eeepc-acpi_1.0-1.{dsc,diff.gz}

Cheers,