[RFC] Notification on method execution

For certain drivers (such as the Thinkpad ACPI driver[1]), it would be
helpful to be able to get notifications when a method is executed. I'd
propose adding a call like acpi_method_notify, extending the method
field to contain an extra flag for notifications and a callback, having
acpi_aml_execute check this before executing the methods and perhaps
checking the return code to decide whether to continue executing the
method or not (would potentially allow overriding methods, though I'm
not convinced it's a good idea). Does this sound basically sane? If so,
I'll do a patch.

[1] Various Thinkpads make predictable method calls when hotkeys are
pressed, but make no notifications. Hooking into those methods would
allow those keys to be caught without the requirement to repeatedly poll
the hardware to see if there's been an update.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
-