Re: obtaining acpi details outside of drivers/acpi

Hi Alan,

Yes, pathnames are arbitrary, don't use them.

Look in drivers/acpi/video.c for acpi_video_bus_check()
As the video device has no HID, this routine is basically
used to check all the drivers in the tree if they have _DOD
and the other stuff a video device should have.

BTW. I'm curious what you are trying to do.
There is actually quite a bit of movement in this code right now.

cheers,
-Len

-