Re: wmi.c - Any news?

On Friday 31 August 2007 19:23:50 Len Brown wrote:
> Do you have other acer-specific functions which are not related to WMI?

We currently poke about a bit at registers on the EC to read (and sometimes
write) a few values which are not available through WMI (but only on a
handful of laptops, where someone has actually gathered the data on and
passed back to me).

On older laptops, this is so we can control the brightness and read 'real'
values for the state of the wireless, bluetooth and Mail LED. On newer
laptops, this is the only way to control the Mail LED at all (but this is all
as a compliment to the functionality exposed through WMI - I have no
intention of producing a generic 'acer-laptop' driver to control all the
non-WMI laptops as well).

-Carlos
--
E-Mail: cathectic@xxxxxxxxx