Re: Suspend2RAM Asus V6V

On Mon, 7 May 2007 00:58:24 +0200
Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Johannes,
>
> On Sam, 05 Mai 2007, Johannes Engel wrote:
> > Switching the laptop on again hitting the power button (other buttons do
> > not show any effect) the cdrom drive gets initialised, the harddisk led
> > gets switched on but the screen remains black and the laptop hangs
> > completely (no keystroke accepted, even not Magic SysRq keys).
>
> I have the same problem, and tried to debug it with net console, with
> minimal kernel configs, with init=/bin/bash, with all the combinations,
> to no avail. I did submit a bug report to the resepctive bug tracker but
> it looks like nobody is caring for this kind of stuff.
OK, I investigated further with the following result:
Bios 0401 works quite well.
BIOS >=1001 seems to introduce a bug: s2ram does not work any more.
Since I do not have a BIOS between 04 and 10 (especially 0602 or 0801a) I cannot test the versions inbetween. If someone can provide me one of these versions I will try to hunt down the error which possibly resides in the DSDT.

Greetings, Johannes
--
Johannes Engel <j-engel@xxxxxx>
-