Re: ACPI problem in Kernel 2.6.20

Sorry for having posted in private, I should have done a "reply all"...
I think we should come back into the list so that it may help other
people and other people may help... ;-)

>> > I've been installing gentoo on a HP Compaq tc4200 tablet PC and things
>> > seem to work fine except ACPI which (through kacpid) eats up my
>> > processor constantly by 100%. This is definitely a problem since
>> > passing noacpi to the kernel (although it solves the kacpid cpu
>> > hunger) removes the possibility of havin battery, fan, cpu temp, etc.
>> >
>> > Any ideas on how to solve something like this?
>>

>> Have you tried to fix DSDT bugs ?
>

> 10 min. ago didn't know what that was. Now I think you're referring to
> this:
> http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/index.php
>
> I've not yet clearly understood what this is but my guess is that I
> can work around it if needed. However, people having the same PC and
> after installing linux say the ACPI works ok. Can they have a diff
> BIOS version (supposing that the DSDT problem is on the BIOS)?

If I well understood, this is a (often bugged due to a M$ compiler...)
table the OS uses to know how to deal with ACPI. I guess that newer BIOS
versions than yours might have a corrected ACPI table, but I'm afraid I
can't help you further...
-