How to flash "Message LED" on Asus PC-DL via ACPI?

Hi everyone!

I am currently trying to get the "Message LED" flashing on my Asus PC-DL mainboard.
The LED flashed fine during POST and the Asus manual states, that an OS with ACPI support is needed to take control of the LED.

I want to create a script that checks for certain system event's (temperature, fan failure, etc.) , and if any of them returns with the value "true", the LED should flash.

In order to get this up and running, I downloaded ACPI4Asus-0.41 (I'm running kernel 2.6.20, Fedora Core 6), which compiles fine.
However, when I run "modprobe asus_acpi", there is no entry in the "dmesg" or "/var/log/messages". Running "lsmod" shows, that asus_acpi is loaded though.
According to the ACPI4Asus-README, there should be a folder called /sys/devices/platform/asus-laptop/. This one does not exist at all.

I also tried installing "acpitool", and running "acpitool -m 1", however it just gave me the feedback that no Asus ACPI was loaded.

Have any of you got some ideas on what could be wrong, or what else I could try to get the LED to flash?

Thank you very much for any ideas/support.
I did try to mail my question to the acpi4asus list, but unfortunately that one does not exist any longer.

Regards,
Sebastian
-

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  39,85 ?  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2
-