Acpid won't start at boot anymore

Hi,

Since I upgraded to Xorg 6.9 under FC4, I have an acpi problem.

First, during rhgb (Fedora's graphical boot interface, which uses X), I had the following error :
acpid : can't open /proc/acpi/event (device or resource busy)

I thus tried several things, like disabling the acpid service at boot and launch it in /etc/rc.d/rc just after the exit of rhgb, etc. However, even when it is completely disabled, the same error still appears in /var/log/Xorg.0.log :
(WW) Open ACPI failed (/proc/acpi/event) (Device or resource busy)

When gnome is launched, the /proc/acpi is full of acpi features like thermal_zone, battery & cie, though. But launching the "battery charge monitor" gnome applet fails : I have for this to start the acpid service by hand (which works fine, no error message !).

So, does anybody have a solution to start the acpi daemon automatically at boot ?

Thanks.

PS : For information, but I don't think it is related, the laptop is a Dell Latitude D620.

-