Conversion of ACPI fan+thermal to hwmon sysfs

(ibm-acpi-devel removed from cc, subject changed)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Zhang Rui wrote:
> I'm converting these two modules to sysfs. I think "thermal" has too
> much ACPI specific information and is not that easy to have a generic
> interface.

It is not easy.  In fact, it could be quite complicated.  But when combined
with the fan objects, it should be possible.

hwmon's idea of thermal zones are chip-specific, so the way to get ACPI to
work with that without much changes is to think of the entire ACPI model as
a "single chip".  This probably means ACPI fan and thermal zones need to
cooperate to be ported to the hwmon model.

  Henrique Holschuh
-