Re: ACPI and power failure

On Friday 16 February 2007 12:09, Jon Dufresne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anything ACPI related that deals with a AC power fail in the
> system?

nope, not that i'm aware of.

Often the system firmware can detect a powerfail vs graceful poweroff
and give you the option (eg. via BIOS SETUP) when the power is restored
to either stay off, power on, or return to the whatever the state
was before the power fail.

This, however, is a platform feature that is not visible to ACPI
or the OS.

-Len

-