Re: acpi_find_bmc() and acpi_get_table()

Len Brown wrote:
Cory,
acpi_find_bmc() appears to be searching for multiple SPMI tables in the RSDT and running
try_init_acpi() on each of them
until it doesn't find any more.

Is that the intent?

Are here systems with multiple SPMI tables?
I'm not sure about ACPI, but I know there are system with multiple SMBIOS table entries for management controllers, and I know there are system with multiple multiple management controller interfaces (and multiple management controllers with interfaces). The current table for SPMI can only support one interface, so I don't know how you could represent more than one..
static __devinit void acpi_find_bmc(void)
{
        acpi_status      status;
        struct SPMITable *spmi;
        int              i;

        if (acpi_disabled)
                return;

        if (acpi_failure)
                return;

        for (i = 0; ; i++) {
                status = acpi_get_table(ACPI_SIG_SPMI, i+1,
                                        (struct acpi_table_header **)&spmi);
                if (status != AE_OK)
                        return;

                try_init_acpi(spmi);
        }
}

I speculated recently that the only table signature
that is (supposed to be) repeated in the RSDT is an SSDT.
Maybe that speculation is wrong if there can be multiple SPMI tables...
I don't know ACPI that well, but the IPMI spec states that in the case of multiple interfaces, a unique SPMI table should be provided for each of those interfaces. So the IPMI spec seems to require support more than one.

-Corey
-