Re: Fan speeds on HP nc6400 and nc8430

I was wrong on that post....
I've found that the initramfs scripts loaded thermal module before
resume from suspend to disk (this is the default behaviuor of debian
based distros). That confused the bios...
That was the only problem.

2007/1/24, Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@xxxxxx>:
On Tuesday 23 January 2007 21:38, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 January 2007 21:19, Luming Yu wrote:
> > On 1/19/07, emisca <emisca.ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > The TZ4 thermal zone on all the hp compaq line nx**** and nc**** is
> > > not a temperature but the fan speed. You can see this information on
> > > the web and on hp forums.
> >
> > Where is the hp forums.
>
> I don't work on laptops, so I can't confirm this, but Google found
> this (from "tz4 thermal zone fan speed hp"):
>
> http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1052925

Someone also sent me this, which I'll include in case it helps anybody
else.  Obviously, scripts like the one mentioned below are stop-gaps
that shouldn't be necessary.  But the script might have useful hints
about how to fix the kernel so the script would no longer be needed.

-