Re: ACPI _SUN

On Friday 19 January 2007 11:37, Bruno Ducrot wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 03:26:26PM +0530, Mohan Kumar Jami wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have couple of questions related to _SUN object.
> >
> > 1) Is _SUN object be present DSDT tables?
>
> They are defined under DSDT or RSDT tables as any other ACPI objects
> populating the ACPI namespace.

The DSDT and all the SSDT's listed in the RSDT are all loaded at boot-time.

However, the BIOS AML can also explicitly Load additional "dynamic" SSDTs
at run-time -- and can also Unload an SSDT.
In this way, objects in the name space can appear and go away at run-time.

_SUN, Slot User Number, is an (optional) property of an object.
So for it to change at run-time, the object that contains it
would have to go away and then come back.

cheers,
-Len

-