Re: [Acpi4asus-user] Experimental version, need testing and review.

Le samedi 30 décembre 2006 11:15, Corentin CHARY a écrit :
> Hi,
> To add support for a new model in the current code, we had to get the dsdt,
> search the right methods by hand, add them in the model_data array. But
> methods like "SDSP",  "GPLV", "SPLV" are always the same. And there are
> limited name for display_get methods : ""\\_SB.PCI0.P0Px.VGA.GETD", "ACTD",
> etc ...
> So I decided to recode the whole detection system, and it's now more like
> the ibm_acpi one.
> We give to the driver methods found in models we know, and the driver
> search if they are in the current dsdt.
>
> I also found a method, present in all new models: "RSTS" wich return the
> status of wireless device. It's very usefull, as we don't need wled_status
> or bt_status anymore.
> I also removed all xled_status, because we only had some pour mled_status.
>
> I tested this code on A6J, F3J and A6T : it works perfectly.
>
> But it's probably full of bugs.
>
> So if anyone could test it, and repport what doesn't work, if the laptop
> burst into flames, etc ...
>
> http://xf.iksaif.net/acpi4asus/experimental/

Hi, there is a new experimental version.
http://xf.iksaif.net/acpi4asus/experimental/

Changes :
- Led are now handled via /sys/class/leds
- wled_set is now wl_switch, because in some models (like my A6JC), WLED is
used to switch the wireless device
- lcd_status removed, this method was different in all the dsdt, we now use
hotk->status to keep the lcd backlight status, assuming it's ON by default.
- /proc/acpi/asus/wled is now  /proc/acpi/asus/wireless
- /proc/acpi/asus/lcd have been removed, you can
use /sys/class/backlight/asus/power now
- /proc/acpi/asus/brn removed, use /sys/class/backlight/brightness

Notes:
- /proc/acpi/asus/disp will be moved soon with the new display class.
- The printk in asus_handle_init() will be removed later.

Problems :
- Does it work ? (only tested on A6T, A6J and F3J)
- What does "echo 1 > /proc/acpi/asus/wireless" on your model ?
- What should we do with /proc/acpi/asus/[wireless,bluetooth,lslvl,lssw] (move
to /sys/class/misc ?)  ?
- Maybe it's time to move it to misc/asus-laptop.c ? (see diffstat below)

diffstat diff-asus_acpi-0.31-asus_acpi-experimental.patch
 asus_acpi.c | 1837

When I have enough feedback, I will send patchs to linux-acpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
but I need to know if this driver is usable before.

--
CHARY 'Iksaif' Corentin
http://xf.iksaif.net